× Report your Bugs here

Auto Texture Positioning Bug

More
3 years 1 month ago #64835 by axelpx
Hello,

When I'm trying to use Auto Texture Positioning it getting stuck at this shape (see attachment).

I've tried restarting the process and the program itself with no luck. Any help?
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #64837 by Prototype
Ah, I don't think the auto texture can actually handle that type of shape. Basically they work very differently to any of the other elements. Try removing those shapes (the ones you have to make with co-ordinates) and see if the auto texture will run. You may have to replace and set their texture manually.

Or if your model isn't a stupid amount of parts you can try doing the offsets by hand. It takes time to do but you can actually save yourself some time when it comes to making the texture (e.g. if you have two parts that need to be textured the same you can simply assign them the same texture offset rather than giving them two different positions).

Stephen King wrote: “Don't ask me silly questions
I won't play silly games
I'm just a simple choo choo train
And I'll always be the same"

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Prototype.
The following user(s) said Thank You: axelpx
More
3 years 1 month ago #64838 by axelpx
Replied by axelpx on topic Auto Texture Positioning Bug
Thank you again, I'll try it.
More
3 years 1 month ago #64841 by Dr_prof_Luigi
I have this same issue with the same style shape, however, I have other shapes with 20 parts that work, and I have a shape exactly like the one that won't position that positions properly.
More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #64845 by JabbaSnipes
I've had that problem too, maybe this can help:

If you're using MC 1.7.10 or an earlier version and you want to keep the shapes, try cloning them and deleting the original ones, so they're left to end of the list of parts that TB will map. This way, all boxes are mapped normally and you can map the shapes manually afterwards.

If you're using MC 1.8, just replace the shapes with shapeboxes. Shapes aren't rendered properly in the latest Flan's Mod version so there's no point in going through the previous process.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by JabbaSnipes.
More
3 years 1 month ago #64943 by axelpx
Replied by axelpx on topic Auto Texture Positioning Bug
Auto positioning without those shapes and then setting position for those shapes manually (using offset) solved that issue for me. Thanks again Prototype.

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu