× Information, tutorials and more about building models

Spicy's Models

• Thank you received: 141

TankHunterCobra replied the topic: Spicy's Models

Warthog straight up, thats why Halo is Halo.

Also, while messing with the Scorpion. I see a lot of parts are rotated to oblivion (this could be that the .mtb files you sent were in .zip form, so to rename them to .mtb which couldve weirded things). which is unnecessary. Also, keep in mind the turret core must be centered around x0 z0 (height doesn't matter).

The main thing i didnt like about the Rhino, it felt flat. Still your models are great & if you need help ask me. I really like the ghost & longsword.

The topic has been locked.

heres a screenshot of the new scorpion.

Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 24

spicystreak2 replied the topic: Spicy's Models

nice

“Tank beats Ghost! Tank beats Hunter! Tank beats everything!”
  • Thank you received: 24

spicystreak2 replied the topic: Spicy's Models

I just finished the mongoose:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

“Tank beats Ghost! Tank beats Hunter! Tank beats everything!”

being honest, but the wheels could be better, they are really skinny and are a bunch of rotated rectangles, look at the wheels in the Scorpions tracks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: spicystreak2
  • Thank you received: 31

Toastgineer replied the topic: Spicy's Models

spicystreak2 wrote: I just finished the mongoose:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Heres a very important tip when making wheels friend. Never give them rotations. Now I know dodecagon wheels are nice, but you're working with a limited number of parts here, best to keep with octagon whee;s for now. Besides octagon wheels better fit your models and its saves a lot more parts. Heres how

First make a box and make sure the rotation point is in the center of the box. Also make sure the box size is the same for both lenth and width. In this example the box is a 12x12

Now using the box as a reference. Duplicate the original box by three. Then edit each of the three new boxes width by the dividend of the original box's size by 3(12/3=4)

Or you can simply mold the boxes to fit the original box to shape. Once you're done with editing the three boxes you can discard the original box. Now turn the three new boxes into shape boxes.

And you can follow the rest with the images

If you have space to waste you can do the following to have a better looking octagon wheels.

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu