× Information, tutorials and more about building models

Rendering Issues

• Thank you received: 120

vini_damiani replied the topic: Rendering Issues

RushB

The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 32

TheWillyJ replied the topic: Rendering Issues

Show Model Animation will not show anything for weapons in Toolbox currently. Past that yes you will have to export and then build/compile into a .jar to work on things...

But.. heres a little tip for you..

Hopefully those 2 videos cover it well enough, basically you set up a workspace in Eclipse to your source and then you will not need to build/compile, only export from Toolbox. Launching in debug mode via Eclipse will further allow you to modify values on the fly and then once you find ones to your liking you can plug them into toolbox and re-export to make sure they're correct.

It's also possible to do this (-debug mode) without Eclipse, and thats covered in the first part of my setup vidoes IIRC.

Hopefully this answered any questions you may have had.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ugh2460
  • Thank you received: 0

Ugh2460 replied the topic: Rendering Issues

Thank you SO much, your videos were indispensable. My gun is almost complete thanks to your help, and now I feel like I know what I'm doing. However, there's one last issue: when setting up my animation, there's this weird glitch where the gun would go past the starting position the same distance it traveled when reloading, and then abruptly snap back to its starting position. Does anything seem glaringly wrong to you in my code, or is Flan's Mod messing this one up?

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

• Thank you received: 98

DerpiWolf replied the topic: Rendering Issues

Ugh2460 wrote:
tiltGunTime = 0.2F;

loadClipTime = 0.2F;

unloadClipTime = 0.2F;

untiltGunTime = 0.2F;

Set these ones to 0.25F instead.
These 4 should always add up to one; since this adds up to 0.8, the animation finishes before the reload time is finished, hence why it "snaps" back to starting position.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ugh2460

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu