ForgeGradle Tutorial - Setup
- Created: Tuesday, 22 September 2015 13:49
- Written by Manus
This tutorial will show how to work with ForgeGradle, how to setup an installation, how to start Minecraft and how to setup Flans Mod.
This tutorial is made for Flan's Mod 5.0, and Minecraft 1.8., ForgeGradle 1.8-22.214.171.1242 is used. But all steps shown here are also working with ForgeGradle for MC 1.72 and 1.7.10.
I used the last Src version. The newer Mdk version seems to be not ok currently (22.09.2015).
- Install the Java JDK (Java. This is required even if have have already installed the Java JRE. Download here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
- Set the JAVA_HOME variable into your system.
- Internet must be available the whole time during installation.
1. Setup ForgeGradle
- Go to files.minecraftforge.net
- Selcet "Show all downloads"
- Select the version you want and download it. I used the 1502.
- Unpack the zip file to a folder of your choice. For this tutorial i created a folder called Forge on the Desktop. The content should look like the picture.
- Open a command shell by entering "cmd" into the search field and pressing Enter.
- Go to this command shell window.
- Change the directory with the "cd" command to the folder where you unpacked ForgeGradle to.
- Type "gradlew setupdecompworkspace" into the command shell and execute it with Enter.
- It will take some time and ForgeGradle will install some stuff from the internet.
- Type "gradlew setupdevworkspace" into the command shell and execute it with Enter.
- ForgeGradle will download some more stuff and build it
- Type "gradlew eclipse" into the command shell and execute it with Enter.
- ForgeGradle will download the components for eclipse
- That's it, ForgeGradle is now ready to use.
2. Run Minecraft
- Open the command shell, change the folder to your ForgeGradle folder and type in "gradlew runclient"
- ForgeGradle will now start to build up Minecraft.
- After few seconds Minecraft should be ready to use (depends on your computer)
- At the bottom you can see mow that ForgeGradle is up and running
3. Install Flan's Mod into ForgeGradle
- Go to Github. You will find Flan's Mod Page here: https://github.com/FlansMods/FlansMod/
- Change the branch to the version you want to use (1.8 or 1.7.10). You have to do this. Otherwise you will download the outdated master version.
- Download the Version by pressing "Download Zip"
- Go to your download folder and open the just downloaded file with a packing tool. I prefer WinRAR for this.
- Once you have opend the file, you will see a folder call FlansMod-1.8 (Depends on the Version, i can also called FlansMod-master or FlansMod-1.7.10). Go into this folder.
- Here we find all files for Flan's Mod. Select them all.
- Unpack all Files to the ForgeGradle folder. You will be asked to overwrite some files, this is ok. It will replace the normal files with mod files.
- When finished the folder should look like this. To check the folder look at the bottom. There should now be a README.md.
- If you open this file you will find a note from Flan.
- Now run Minecraft again
- You now will have 6 mods running, Forge and Flans Mod + Flans Apocalypse Mod
- In the Game you will now have the tab for the mod and all models.
- Now you ForgeGradle is ready to build and compile model packages.