Java Tutorial - Setup
- Created: Tuesday, 22 September 2015 13:49
- Written by Manus
This tutorial will show how to setup the Java JDK (Java SE Development Kit) and how to setup the variables needed to run Minecraft, ForgeGradle and Eclipse.
This tutorial is made for Flan's Mod 5.0, and Minecraft 1.8., ForgeGradle 1.8-220.127.116.112 is used. But all steps shown here are also working with ForgeGradle for MC 1.72 and 1.7.10.
I used the last Src version. The newer Mdk version seems to be not ok currently (22.09.2015).
- Internet must be available the whole time during installation.
1. Setup Java
- Go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
- Select the version for your system and download it.
- Execute the just downloaded file.
- Let all options marked. This will install JDK and JRE as well.
- This installation will start with the JRE.
- This will take few minutes.
- After this, the JDK will be installed.
- When this is also finished, then close the setup.
2. Setup Java Windows System Variables
- Now we have to set the windows system variables. For this go to start and right-click on Computer. Then select properties.
- Select Avanced Systemsettings.
- Click the Advanced tab, Click the Environment Variables button
- You will see you system variables.
- Select Path and edit the entry till it also contains the path to the bin folder inside the java folder. The bin folder contains the executable files. E.g. c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_60\bin; Use ";" to seperate the paths from the next one.
- Select JAVA_HOME (or create it with new) and edit the entry till it also contains the path to the java folder, e.g. c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_60\
- Save the Settings with OK. Your system is now ready to run java.