× News about Aircrafts and Vehilces... real News ;)

Ford GT

More
6 years 9 months ago #44442 by Neon00
Ford GT was created by Neon00
It's 44 inches tall, a supercar, and it's got a supercharged v8. You know about the Ford GT. 2005 model based upon the Ford GT40, named after its 40 inch height, so small that a large man could never try to fit in it comfortably.

Well, over the past two days, rumors have been circulating about that the Ford GT will make its return. I mean, sure the Dodge Charger Hellcat is one hell of a machine with 707 horsepower, but the Ford GT is getting into super car territory. It's speculated that the new GT is gonna be packed with a 3.5-liter turbocharged EcoBoost V6, my guess being the Cyclone 6 if they do run with an EcoBoost.

Now, I don't know if you know much about the EcoBoost, but it's designed to have 15% less Greenhouse gas emissions (not gonna take sides on this whole debacle) and have 20% greater fuel efficiency. This means it'll get 16.8 miles to the gallon instead of the 14 provided by the 05 Ford GT. The EcoBoost is also being tested in Ford Daytona racing cars and is in the new 2015 Mustang.

Now although the GT40 was an excellent race-car, winning 4 Le Mans in a row, the GT wasn't so great, but it was very driver-friendly. Being that they're discussing releasing the Ford GT for the GT40's first Le Mans victory, I'd take a gamble that the new 2016 GT will be a much more hardcore race car than the 2005 GT.

Filling you in aside, I'd love to see the Ford GT brought back. It was an awesome car, and it would be amazing if they made a hybrid of the original GT40 and the GT. Better for racing than the GT, but much more comfortable and user-friendly than the GT40. I mean seriously, just go watch Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear try and get in a GT40. Not pretty.

I'll be thanked for killing a monster while you're burning in hell.
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 9 months ago #44444 by Manus
Replied by Manus on topic Ford GT
You forgot to mansion the awesome amount of problems the GT has and all the recalls ^^
More
6 years 9 months ago #44445 by PokerMorda
Replied by PokerMorda on topic Ford GT
Well, Ford is working on new GT... I readed somewhere, that presentation should be in Detroit.
More
6 years 9 months ago #44448 by Oskiinus
Replied by Oskiinus on topic Ford GT
[quote1412663302=Manus]
You forgot to mansion the awesome amount of problems the GT has and all the recalls ^^
[/quote1412663302]

Manus, Ford is not part of General Motors.
Vettes had big fuckup with recalls.

And by the way, I like idea of GT as supercar, but it must still be muscle in it's way ;)

Steam: oskiinus09
^In case you need to contact me, hehe.
More
6 years 9 months ago #44454 by TaskForce51
Replied by TaskForce51 on topic Ford GT
GM is also having major issues with their cars resulting in recalls. In fact it was so bad that Saturday Night Live blasted them a couple of years ago. Plus the city GM is based in Detroit is the known for being bankrupted and having a major issue with crime. In other words nothing is going right for GM.

The Big 51
More
6 years 9 months ago #44465 by Neon00
Replied by Neon00 on topic Ford GT
GM has gone bankrupt... Was it one or two times in the last 14 years? I know in 2009 they relabled themselves as the 'NGMCO' or New General Motors Company.. They dropped Pontiac, Saturn, Saab, and Hummer because of that too... Not to mention that the only car I'd ever own by them is a Chevy Camaro or Corvette. But in that realm I'd prefer a Dodge Viper or a Ford Mustang than either of them.

Besides, Dodge and Ford trucks both highly outclass GMs and last time I checked they haven't touched supercars. I'd prefer not to own a van, and that's really the last claim they have.

I'll be thanked for killing a monster while you're burning in hell.

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu