× Information, tutorials and more about building models

Lizardpile's Armory (T-72A Update)

More
5 years 10 months ago #75052 by TankHunterCobra

Lizardpile wrote:

TankHunterCobra wrote: Maybe it's my OCD, but why do the wheels feel really bad compared to the turret? The turret is great but the wheels just feel dull.

I prefer simple wheels. If you look at all of my other tracked vehicles, they have the same wheels.

Yeah but compared to the rest of the model, which is great, the wheels just don't look right.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 10 months ago #75127 by Kikkoceccato

TankHunterCobra wrote:

Lizardpile wrote:

TankHunterCobra wrote: Maybe it's my OCD, but why do the wheels feel really bad compared to the turret? The turret is great but the wheels just feel dull.

I prefer simple wheels. If you look at all of my other tracked vehicles, they have the same wheels.

Yeah but compared to the rest of the model, which is great, the wheels just don't look right.

In my humble opinion, that is true... Those wheels are plain and unrealistic if compared to the rest of the vehicle. If you wanted to use a simple style and give a better appearance, you could have made them like in TankHunterCobra's pack

or something like that. Obviously, I truly respect you and you're free to do whatever you want.

No evil is greater than forgetting what once made you smile.
Attachments:
More
5 years 10 months ago #75128 by TheOrion
Another way, wich, if you'd ever step up your texturing Game from plain surfaces, would work, is using shapes to just about make the wheel shape(like you do now, i guess) then do some texturing work to give them a shaded Surface.

MVP Ostwind
Attachments:
More
5 years 10 months ago #75136 by TankHunterCobra

Kikkoceccato wrote:

TankHunterCobra wrote:

Lizardpile wrote:

In my humble opinion, that is true... Those wheels are plain and unrealistic if compared to the rest of the vehicle. If you wanted to use a simple style and give a better appearance, you could have made them like in TankHunterCobra's pack

or something like that. Obviously, I truly respect you and you're free to do whatever you want.

Truth be told when I used Protos MW Abrams for my Abrams (then using majik converting skills) I used the wheel design from it on all my other tanks. Even so I still textured the wheels a bit.
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #75160 by MiIl2
Ah, I remember when I made my T-55 in techne. It was, of course, blocky and ugly. I still have a few days left of school here in Budapest, I think I'll start my own Soviet pack when I'm finished.

Fantasic models, by the way!
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by MiIl2. Reason: !!!
More
5 years 10 months ago #75163 by testeroftanks
Im making a soviet pack, lizard is making a soviet pack, you are making a soviet pack, everyone is making soviet stuff!

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu