× Help requests to be posted here

Toolbox and the Money

More
6 years 8 months ago #50536 by Manus
Most of you will hate this but: I decided to make the Toolbox no longer free for all.

There are several reason why i'm going this way but the main reason is this:

This page here is running on a server i pay for. I earn money from the downloads but 6$ per month is far away from making this site money neutral.

I hope you can understand the reason why i go this way.

Most of you will not be effected by these changes because of the way i want to go.

With 2.1 and above i'll release 3 Versions:

- Non-Commercial Version
All features are included in this Version except some Export Options (Java, TMT, Obj). This Version is limited to XXX Parts.

- Advanced Builder Version
All features are included in this Version except some Export Options (Java, TMT, Obj). This Version has no Part limit.

- Professional Builder Version
All features are included in this Version. This Version has no Part limit.

Most of you will be happy with the Non-Commercial licence. If you want to build larger models then you have to buy the Advanced Builder. Only if you need the Export to some special formats you will need the Pro Version.

I haven't decided the Part Limits and prices yet, but currently i'm thinking about 150 or 200 Parts for the limit and prices around 10€ and 20€ for the versions.

What do you think about this prices and limits?
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 8 months ago #50537 by Prototype
Replied by Prototype on topic Toolbox and the Money
What's needed to keep the site up? because you should be getting more like $30 a month from your downloads, probably more, if my experiences are anything to go by.
  • berggeit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Under heaven and earth, I alone am feared.~Shingen
More
6 years 8 months ago #50539 by berggeit
Replied by berggeit on topic Toolbox and the Money
Well I agree for it. Im going to buy the Professional version any way ^^. I think its a good idea.

Fast like the wind,

Silent like a forest,

Intrusive like the fire,

Immobile like a mountain.

Under heaven and earth, I alone am feared.

Takeda Shingen, The Tiger of Kai
More
6 years 8 months ago #50540 by Manus
Replied by Manus on topic Toolbox and the Money
[quote1420477604=Prototype]
What's needed to keep the site up? because you should be getting more like $30 a month from your downloads, probably more, if my experiences are anything to go by.
[/quote1420477604]

The server costs around 30€ per month (i have one other site running on it, but they are only for mail and sentimental reasons ;) )
So 6$ (4,50€) for the downloads is a joke. An other reason is, that i want to keep the page ad free.
More
6 years 8 months ago #50538 by PokerMorda
Replied by PokerMorda on topic Toolbox and the Money
I think, that Ads would help you. I wouldnt have any problems with them, I think that people here, wouldnt had any problems too. Of course I would love to pay something on paypal, but I have no money :(
More
6 years 8 months ago #50541 by MegaStannyBoy
Will updates be free once you bought it?

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu