× Help requests to be posted here

Toolbox and the Money

More
6 years 11 months ago #50601 by Manus
Replied by Manus on topic Toolbox and the Money
Adf.ly isn't really a solution. Over the years is got 100k clicks from all my downloads... this generated 116$ in 2.5 years, not even 100 euros in 30 month... 3.3 euro per month...

And maybe i should act like EA ^^
- I would release the software as buggy beta, but thats ok for you because you cry about the bug but buy everything i create even if you know its buggy
- I would make the TB only online useable
- After 12 month i would release TB3, 12 month on TB Brotherhood, then TB Unity
- The new Versions will be the same... but with more fancy grafics
- After 18 month i would shot down the server for TB2 because no one uses it anymore
- I Would sell every export option as single DLC but you will like it
- The TB will then only cover Planes and Vehicles. But you can buy more ModelTypes as Map Packages for 15$ each. Or you buy the season pass for 30$... and you also like it
The topic has been locked.
  • berggeit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Under heaven and earth, I alone am feared.~Shingen
More
6 years 11 months ago #50618 by berggeit
Replied by berggeit on topic Toolbox and the Money
Manus you won the internet.

Fast like the wind,

Silent like a forest,

Intrusive like the fire,

Immobile like a mountain.

Under heaven and earth, I alone am feared.

Takeda Shingen, The Tiger of Kai
More
6 years 11 months ago #50630 by PokerMorda
Replied by PokerMorda on topic Toolbox and the Money
Manus, you just said how Ubisoft works. Poor EA, why it have to be hated so much...

Anyway, I readed all of it (so many interesting things can happen when we sleep...) and I have to say, that all of this went a little bit on the wrong foot.

You see, its not question of, is Manus acting like EA or not. Its more question of, what do we do for him. After all we cant say he acts like EA. If making program which would have to be bought would be criterium of being EA, half of Developers who creates aplications would be EA.

Pretty much all have been said in this disscussion, but Im still going to say what I think.

First of All, Manus have right to do anything what he want with his program.

Second thing is, that we do nothing to him, to help him. Lets sum this up:
- He CREATED all of this community
- He CREATED programs which help us in coding. If there would be no Toolbox, there would be much less modellers here.
- He pays HIS OWN MONEY, to keep this thing running. If he want to, he can stop this any moment, even right now he can say "Fuck this, Im done".

And what have we done here?

We make a lot of shitstorm for nothing. We are smashing new people here, so most of them just goes away. We are already known as community that is unsympathic to new people - Manus pointed that out many times. Im pretty damn sure, its not what he wanted to do with this site.

But even though of all of this, he still keep this thing running. FOR US. And what do we do, when he just tries to find out the way to keep this site alive? We bitch around, that he becomes EA. Of course, not all of us (I personally like EA), but still many of people here show no respect to things this man tries to do for us!

Now lets think, imagine that your father is computer program designer. He makes a new app, and he wants to make it for money. But internet calls him EA, so he makes it free. But what happens to you? Your family has no money. So, after some time you lose home - cause your family didnt had money for bills and debts.

You see? That will happen to this is community, if we wont support Manus. We will lose home.

And after all this support from Manus, we can show him some support. As Orion pointed out long time ago, we are like family here. And in family, we should help each other.
More
6 years 11 months ago #50631 by Manus
Replied by Manus on topic Toolbox and the Money
lol... i'll no loss my home when no one wants the toolbox and i have to continue to pay he page... believe me ;)

And is currently see not really a difference between EA, Activision and Ubisoft. They all try to tell the Player what they need (DLCs, Season Pass etc...) and what they don't need (LAN mode, Mod Support, Dedicated Server)
More
6 years 11 months ago #50629 by PokerMorda
Replied by PokerMorda on topic Toolbox and the Money
That was metaphore lol
More
6 years 11 months ago #50636 by MegaStannyBoy
[quote1420560171=Manus]
[quote1420489992=MegaStannyBoy]
Will updates be free once you bought it?
[/quote1420489992]

Sure, all updates will be included
[/quote1420560171]

Great. In that case I wouldn't mind paying for it. :)

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu